Pregnancy or Postnatal recovery is not an illness but a natural change and transition in a woman’s life. However, as the women undergoes major hormonal and physiological changes we, as yoga teachers, need to understand how to modify the poses to safely and confidently integrate pregnant and postpartum students into our classes. The weekend will cover the basic physiological changes that yoga teachers need to be aware of. Understand which changes can affect a student’s practice, and learn when to refer, “red flags” and contra-indications. This course will give you the tools to safely integrate and offer modifications to pregnant and postpartum students in your regular classes. By the end of the weekend, you will know:
– Basic physiology of pregnancy and the postpartum period
– Contraindications and when to refer to prenatal/postnatal yoga
– Modifications of sun salutations
– Modifications of most common poses
– Alternatives to contraindicated poses/pranayama
Do you want to teach Pregnancy and Postnatal Yoga? Please sign up for the certified course here.